We received inquiry and someone will shortly be in contact with you.
You will get a notification to your email address.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us anytime.
From EUR 48.96
Explore the ruind of Pompeii during our guided tour of 2 hours with an official and local guide!
The itinerary will be:
- The Basilica, with its extension of 1,500 square meters, was the most sumptuous building of the Forum, and its space was used to carry out business and for the administration of justice.
- The Civil Forum is the core of daily life of the city and is the focal point of all the main public buildings for city administration and justice, business management, and trade activities such as markets, as well as the main places of citizen worship.
- The Temple of Jupiter dominates the north side of the Forum, with Mount Vesuvius scenically rising behind. When the colony was founded (80 BC), the temple underwent a radical renovation and became a real Capitolium with the three cult statues of Jupiter, Juno and Minerva, which looked like those of the Capitolium in Rome, placed on a high base so as to make them visible to whoever passed in the Forum square.
- The Macellum consists of a tuff quadriporticus with a hall for worship in an elevated position on the eastern side, in line with the entrance. The copies of two marble statues, a female and a male armed, are found on the niches of the side wall, together with the fragment of a larger statue, probably pertaining to an emperor, Titus or Vespasian, indicating how this area was intended for the imperial cult. To its left is a room for meetings of a sacred board and to the right a large room with a masonry counter perhaps for fish to be sold.
- Via dell’Abbondanza was the ancient main street (decumanus maximus) of ancient Pompeii, which ran across the city in the direction east/west from the Forum to the Porta Sarno.
In ancient times the street was crowded and noisy with many shops, workshops ("officinae”), cafes, snack-bars and restaurants for food and drink.
- The Forum Baths are located behind the Temple of Jupiter and date back to the years immediately after the founding of the colony of veterans by General Silla (80 BC). Women's and men's quarters had separate entrances. The men's section presents an apodyterium (dressing room), used also as a tepidarium (for medium temperature baths), frigidarium (for cold baths) and calidarium (for hot baths). Like many buildings in Pompeii, the baths were heavily damaged during the earthquake of 62 AD.
- The house of the Menander is a great example of a Roman Villa owned by an high-ranking family. It is reachly decorated with wonderful frescoes representing scenes of the Trojan war and here were also founded many objects in silver, tableware now strored in the Archaeological Museum in Naples. The house owes its name to a picture of Menander, an Athenian poet, placed in the portico.
The house belonged to Quintus Poppaeus Sabinus of the Poppei family, relatives of the Empress Poppea Sabina, Nero's second wife.
- The Large Theater of Pompeii was built from the Romans on the slope of a hill located in the area; they took advantage of the natural depression of the mountain to create a majesty auditorium divided into 5 sectors.
On the stage were played tragedies of the Greco-Roman traditions.
Return at the starting point
• 2 hour guided tour of Pompeii
• Skip-the-line entrance tickets to the ruins of Pompeii
• Headphones to hear the guide clearly
• Official licensed guide
• Lunch and drinks
• Can be handled by a multilingual guide
• The duration and itinerary may vary due to traffic conditions or unforeseen circumstances
• You must reconfirm the pick-up time and meeting point with the local service provider prior to travel.
• Due to the presence of uneven surface this tour is not suggested for people with back problems or on wheelchair
• Please note that departure and destination times may vary
• The guide could slightly amend the itinerary in case it won't be possible to make some stops or visits mentioned in the programme.
• To receive a full refund, travelers can cancel up to 24 hours before the start date of the experience in the local time zone.
• No refunds will be given after this time period.